Morris Animal Refuge News
Ways You Can Help the Refuge on Giving Tuesday!
We've had Black Friday. Small Business Saturday. and Cyber Monday. But today, December 2nd, is different. It's Giving Tuesday, a national day of giving back, of helping others, of supporting your community. Many other great Philly nonprofits, community organizations and local businesses will be participating through Giving Tuesday Philadelphia. Here are some ways you can help the homeless pets of the Morris Animal Refuge today!
Bring , buy, or send
- Pet food (unopened)
- Pet toys (sturdy and washable)
- See our Amazon wishlist for more!
to the Refuge at 1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147. You can even take an #UNselfie of yourself doing it and post it online!
- Any amount helps! You can give quickly and securely through our website - 100% of each donation goes to support our shelter pets. If you type "share" in the comment field, we'll share that you donated (anonymously or personally) on facebook and twitter. You deserve the credit – and that can help motivate others to give too!
- Volunteers help make it all possible! From feeding kittens to walking dogs to staffing events to social media and design, there's something for everybody. Apply online today and come join our life-saving crew!
- Pet foster families play a vital role in caring for our youngest pets, those with special needs, or long-timers who could just use some time out of the Refuge. They let our little shelter become as big as a heart can be. If you'd like to open your home to cuddly kittens, playful pups, or pets who just need a little more help, apply online today!
Help spread the word!
- It's also the 5th Annual Celebrate Shelter Pets Day! Did you know people are 3 times more likely to visit a shelter if they've talked to someone who've adopted a pet? If you have a shelter pup or rescue kitty, today's the day to tell everyone just how wonderful they are!
- Know someone looking for a pet? Tell them about the Refuge! We have a shelter full of awesome adoptable cats and dogs all dreaming of the holidays. You can help give them the best gift ever ... the gift of a happy home.
- Share our adoptable pets on social media – today may be their lucky day!
The Morris Animal Refuge is a 501(c)(3) open admission shelter dedicated to helping the homeless, abandoned and unwanted pets of the Philadelphia region. Founded in 1874 by Elizabeth Morris, we're the oldest organization in the US dedicated to sheltering and rehoming pets, and continue that legacy today by providing adoptions, a low-cost spay/neuter program, humane education and more.