• In 1995 the Morris Animal Refuge initiated its Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program. Extending this very important Program will go a long way to helping resolve the extensive animal population problem right here in Philadelphia metropolitan area. Responsible Pet Ownership is a key goal in this area. The number of pet owners participating has increased each year. Since 1995, the Refuge has issued more than 10,000 Spay/Neuter Certificates.
• Thanks to the generosity of friends who share the Refuge's concern about animal overpopulation and abandonment in the Philadelphia Region, and with annual grants from The Animal Rescue League of Philadelphia, Morris has become a community leader in this initiative.
• The Program, which covers animals located only in the Greater Philadelphia Region, provides low-cost certificates for only $40 each for cats, $40 each for rabbits, and an incredibly low $60 each for dogs, to those pet owners who could not otherwise afford these procedures. The certificates are then presented to participating veterinarians before the procedure. The Refuge reimburses, at a charitable rate, the veterinarian for the difference in cost.
• Because the Spay/Neuter Certificate fee is so low, payment must be made in cash. We cannot accept credit card payments for this fee. Once you come into the Refuge and pay the fee you get the Morris Spay/Neuter Certificate good at all participating veterinarians. We will give you a list of these veterinarians at the time you purchase the certificate or you can download the MAR Participating Veterinarian List in Adobe Acrobat® pdf format, which you can print on any inkjet or laser printer. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader® here.
• The next step is up to you - to make an appointment at your convenience with the participating veterinarian of your choice. The participating veterinarian will accept the certificate as payment in full.
• If there are no participating veterinarians in your immediate area, and your local veterinarian is willing to participate in our program, please ask your vet to call our office for more information and to enroll in the program.
• If you are able, please help us to continue this important program with your donation to the Refuge. Visit our Donate page, and clarify that you want your donation to go to the Low Cost spay/Neuter Program. We thank you in advance for your donation, and you can be proud to say that you are directly helping to resolve the animal overpopulation problem right here in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.