• No appointment is necessary to surrender an animal and we will accept animals anytime during hours as shown below. When surrendering an animal, we ask you to bring any medical records or pertinent information on the animal. We also ask for a donation for any animal being surrendered to help cover our animal care expenses.
• Morris Animal Refuge does not provide pickup services for animals to be surrendered.
• A release form must be signed when surrendering any animal. The release form will include the following statement:
"I hereby agree that this animal shall become the property of Morris Animal Refuge to be adopted, or humanely destroyed at their discretion. I realize there is no guarantee that a new home for this animal will be found, and animals surrendered may not be returned. I understand sick, injured, or unmanageable animals will be euthanized."
• We place as many of the animals we receive who are healthy, or can be brought back to good health, as possible, the rest are humanely euthanized. Individuals surrendering animals must realize this, and carefully weigh options before surrendering animals.
• If you wish to find out what happened to the animal(s) you surrendered you may send a letter via postal mail (email requests will not be honored) containing a description of the animal(s), date surrendered and the animal ID surrender number. Include a self addressed stamped envelope. You will receive a reply within 15 business days informing you of the animal(s)' disposition.
The Morris Animal Refuge is open for animal surrender during the following hours:
|Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
||11:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Wednesday & Friday||11:00 am - 6:30 pm|