Click on the tabs above to see even more of our awesome adoptables, including kittens & senior pets!
|Tonka's a big lovable lug! This 2 year old Rottweiler mix boy likes playing ball, going for walks, getting hugged, and tummy rubs! Does great with kids, cats, & dogs. Neutered. (107618)
||Scooby is a handsome Lab-mix guy, just 2 years old & very friendly. He seriously loves to play! He has cherry eye, but we're working on that. Neutered. (107414)||Senior guy Speedy may be little, but he sure is a trooper! He survived cancer, and is still spunky; full of zip, zest, and joie de vivre. Friendly and playful. Neutered. (107330)||Just look at that big doggy grin! Gordon's a friendly, playful, and high-energy guy, just 2 years old. He'd love to be your running/biking partner. Neutered.(107610)|
|Pickles is a super-sweet 'pocket-pit' princess pup! Instead of a tower, she was kept in a basement. She still loves people. Give her a fairy-tale happy ending! Already spayed. (107640)||La La wants to be your brown-eyed girl! This friendly pit-mix lady loves playing with her toys and is looking for a quiet, peaceful home with you. Spayed. (107517)||It's Draggo! This super-happy, fun-loving Rottweiler/Shepherd-mix guy was found by a kind person who tracked down his owner - sadly, they had passed away. Adopt! (107675)||Aspen is an adorable little lop-eared bunny girl, just 1½ years old. Sadly, her person had to move away. She's hoping to hop home with you! Info about rabbits as pets here. (107651)|
|"Please, sir, I want a home." Oliver's a gentle, super-friendly tabby guy who's had some bad luck, from having to live out on the street to catching FIV. Help him out! (107631a)||Pretty Penny is a lovely longhaired lady who's looking for a loving home. Sadly, her people had to move away and couldn't take her along. Go ahead - adopt! (107667b)||Ophelia's a sweet older dilute calico lady w/ a cute little nose. Sadly, her people had to move away. We're treating a cyst by her ear. Already spayed. (107667a)||"I am Groot!" He's an easygoing 2 year boy who's full of love & affection & wants to be your cuddlebuddy! Will roll over and actually let you rub his tummy! Neutered. (107631a)|
|Rasputina is a sweet and playful young orange tabby lady, only 1½ years old, who enjoys cello music, history, and of course purring and getting petted! Spayed. (107635)||Aladdin is just 1 year old, & definitely still a kitten at heart, simply full of playfullness & energy! He wants to be in a whole new world - & home - with you. Neutered. (107609)||Callie is a high-spirited and curious calico kitten, just 8 months old. She loves to explore and is absolutely tons of fun. Look at her adorable pink nose! Spayed. (107637)||Abby's a stunningly lovely fluffy little lioness w/ a free & independent spirit. She's been running the Refuge office but would love to have a real home - maybe yours?. Already spayed. (107601)|
|Affectionate guy Randy has food allergies. He's doing much better at the Refuge, but hasn't had any luck getting adopted! Friendly and easygoing. Neutered. (107477)||Sabrina's just so cute with those curious eyes & that smudgy little nose! A friendly sweetheart looking for a happy home - her person had to move away. Already spayed. (107568)||Jake's a friendly, quiet guy who enjoys getting petted and loves company. He's been waiting for a loving home since Fall and is FIV+. Already neutered. (107495)||Rhonda's a sweet & loving lady, 2 years old, w/ a sad backstory (her person died & she was left alone in the house). But she doesn't care about that - she just wants to purr & be petted & love you! (107589)|
• Welcome to the Morris Animal Refuge's Adoption page. Thank you for choosing to adopt. We sincerely hope that you will open your heart and home to one of the many wonderful animals at Morris. Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.