|Click on the tabs above to see even more of our awesome adoptables! Scroll down for adoption info and to fill out our online application. And don't forget to check out some of our regular pets too!
|Nessie is a sweet lass, quiet and unobtrusive. She loves the water, and is looking for a home near a very deep lake. Big fan of bagpipe music and Braveheart. (108700)||Patty is somewhat shy, but very smart and peaceful. You'll hardly notice she's there! Loves the outdoors. Searching for the perfect pet? Come adopt her! (108701)||Jersi was found as a stray wandering around the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. We're not exactly sure what she is, but she's very neat, and quite interesting! (108702)||Mokie is one cool dude. He enjoys hanging out in the water and munching away. Unfortunately his person had to move away. Go ahead and take him home today! (108703)|
|Matt is a fun-loving and energetic snake who enjoys exercise - he'll make a great jogging/biking buddy! The perfect pet for adults with an active lifestyle - no kids. (1078604)||It's Spring, and happy, bouncy Jack wants to leap right into your heart! Sadly, his owner couldn't take care of him any longer. Why not let him hop home with you!? (108705)||Brave little lady Chupie came to us with a number of problems, including a skin condition and some behavioral issues. Nothing that a little TLC can't fix - adopt her! (108706)||Opie is a fun fellow who loves to climb! This mischivous little guy will let go so he falls plop! on your head, and nuzzle you. Oddly, his person appears to be missing. (108707)|
Animal Adoption (April 1st)
• Welcome to the Morris Animal Refuge's Adoption page. Thank you for choosing to adopt. We sincerely hope that you will open your heart and home to one of the many wonderful animals at Morris. Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.