|In honor of our 20th Annual Fur Ball gala (theme: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) today, April 1st, we're showcasing some of our more unusual adoptable pets. Looking for the cats, dogs, and rabbits? Just click here. Can't see all 12? Just reload.
|Barbara Barreleye is simpy adorable with her big eyes and transparent head-dome. Things are looking up for her - all she needs now is a home! (109402)
||Sweet Angel may have a face that only a mother could love, but she will light up your life. Calm and easy-going - would love to relax with you! (109414)||Poor Bob seems very depressed here at the shelter. Why not come by and foster or adopt him? We're sure he'll do fine in a different environment. (109330)||Lynn is a neat gal. She's pretty laid-back and enjoys just hanging around. Knows some neat tricks. She's looking for a loving home - adopt! (109610)|
|Fang is an awesome guy - very playful. Pretty fast, too! Sometimes can be a little nippy, though, so best with older kids or adults. (109618)||Star is a little shy, but very sweet - she just needs a little patience, time and TLC. Venemous and can give electric shocks - best with adults. (109631)||Dumbo is just so cute! He's waiting for you to stop by and meet him so he can guve you a great big hug. Go ahead - adopt this happy boy. (109612)||Aw, just look at Isaac! This big boy loves to eat! He can also curl up into a ball - neat trick, huh? He's hoping you'll gibe him a happy home! (107611)|
Kiwa is ready to be adopted! This sweet fuzzy girl loves to be petted! She's blind (in fact, has no eyes at all) but seems to get along just fine. (109628)
|Busy life? Looking for a great easy-care pet? These cute guys don't even need to be fed! (In fact, they don't need sunlight, either - adopt!||Luke is a fascinating fellow! You can enjoys hours of fun just watching him. Loves to creep around slowly on his tentacles - such a cutie! (109602)||Celia is simply lovely. She enjoys zipping around and is looking for a loving happy home. Come on over and adopt this sweetheart! (107634)|
Animal Adoption (April 1st)
• Welcome to the Morris Animal Refuge's Adoption page. Thank you for choosing to adopt. We sincerely hope that you will open your heart and home to one of the many wonderful animals at Morris. Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.